Bergundy

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Living in the future

I was driving to work this morning and in front of me was a car with a license plate holder that said, "Recycle Life, be an Organ Donor".

For some reason this struck me. I started thinking about all of the things around me that I never imagined would be reality. Here's a short list:

1. Giving of ourselves, even in death, through organ donation.
2. Children playing on landfills because there's not enough green grass anywhere else to play. (click here)
3. The internet
4. Skype - now you can keep in touch with anyone, anywhere...and even see them!
5. Segways
6. Flying - I know this isn't new, but every time I get on a plane, I marvel at the ability for that huge piece of metal, filled with people and all their stuff, to get up off the ground and fly!
7. Facebook - I have reconnected with some really old friends. Amazing!

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching myself in one of those 'futuristic' movies...only, it's reality!

What's 'futuristic' to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment