Bergundy

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We were home...for about 3 seconds

We arrived home from San Francisco at 8:30am on Sunday, November 21st. (You'll get more complete updates on our trip after Thanksgiving) Since my luggage was lost, I couldn't do any laundry on Sunday. So, I just forced myself to stay awake (after getting about 2 hours of sleep on the red-eye flight) by doing a little bit of cleaning. My luggage arrived Monday, so that evening was spent sorting the clothes and doing laundry. Tuesday evening was spent packing. And today...we drive!

The trip to NY the day before Thanksgiving is always a treacherous one. We hit traffic at the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT), then it clears up for a bit until we pick up 95 after Richmond. Then, it's insanity until we pass DC. Many times we choose to go a different route that actually takes about 30 minutes longer, but it's MUCH less stressful.

We shall see what the traffic holds for us today. It should be interesting traveling with Bella this time! :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry we'll miss you on your trip back to NY for Thanksgiving as we'll be out of town. I know you have a busy weekend anyway. We'll catch up next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a whirlwind, but still fantastic. Bella was fabulous and it was so great to have everyone together.

    ReplyDelete