Bergundy

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas and guests

Christmas is almost here! Despite my hectic weekends playing with the Virginia Handbell Consort, I decided it was a good idea to make gifts for everyone at work and church! I'm not sure what I was thinking, because my time is very limited, but it's been fun anyway!

This year, I made Sand Art Brownies. They're the dry ingredients for brownies, layered to look like sand art. They're really pretty (I'll have to post a picture later) but quite labor intensive! It's taken me several days to assemble them, and I was starting to worry that I wouldn't be able to finish them all, but lo and behold, we had an unexpected snow storm and guest!

My brother-in-law had to come into town for work, so he stayed with us Thursday night. We were supposed to go to our small group Thursday night, but because of a pretty big snow storm, that got canceled...AND we left work 2 hours early! Yay for more time to get gifts made!

So, Mike made dinner (Thai Red Curry Chicken...so yummy!) while Jon helped me cut out circles from fabric to go on top of the quart size mason jars. My hand has been giving me some trouble as the bell season has gone on, so I was SUPER thankful for an extra set of hands. In just 30 minutes or so, we cut out 20 circles! After dinner, Mike helped me cut and tie the baking instructions on, and I was ready to bring my gifts to work today!

Now...I still have 13 more to do for church people. Looks like that's going to have to happen on Saturday morning.

Playing bells tonight from 5-8 at a local mall. Pray for my hands...and my feet! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment