Bergundy

Monday, August 23, 2010

Project complete!

I love to start new projects! Unfortunately, I rarely complete them. So, I'm so proud of myself that I've managed to start and finish one whole project!

After we moved into our newest place, I purchased a small round kitchen table from someone on craigslist. It was the perfect size, but the fabric on the cushions really needed help and it had a fair amount of paint splatters and imperfections on it. It was something I knew I could do, so I got it.

First, I used some wood refinisher to brighten the whole thing up and give it new life. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but if you're interested, I'll get the product info. The previous owner reupholstered two chairs. Here's what it looked like post wood refinisher and pre-new fabric:




The one on the left is 'new fabric' the one on the right is the original fabric. You can't see it from the picture, but the stuff is naaastaaay!!

Second, I removed the seat from the chair, took off the old fabric and cut a piece of the new stuff making sure to leave enough room on the edges so it would fold properly.















Next, I got out my staple gun and made nice neat corners! I'm so proud!



Finally, I re-attached the seats to the frame and enjoyed the fruits of my labor!





3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the fabric and your table looks like new! Congratulations on finishing your project...you should celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you did on the set. It looks great! I remember we were talking about it when you were working on it but I forgot to ask you if you had finished! I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I finish a project too! I wonder if I'll ever finish the baby blanket I started 13 months ago! LOL All that's left is the ruffle. Maybe this winter! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Michele and Mom! We've really enjoyed having this set in our kitchen. It's great for chatting after a long day at work or waking up on a Sunday morning before church!

    ReplyDelete