Bergundy

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bella is here!

I don't have any pictures uploaded yet, but we brought home our beautiful chocolate cockapoo, Bella, yesterday! She's 8 weeks old today -born July 13th. She's super smart and so so sweet!

Our first night was rough but we made it! She cried when we put her in her crate. I need to continue to do training with her so she doesn't associate the crate with us leaving her alone. I think I'll work on that some tonight. Mike stayed up and took her out at midnight and I got up to do the 3am shift. She only cried for 15 minutes and then went to sleep. I'm hopeful that she'll keep getting better. It's SO hard to hear her crying for us!

Bella is a very 'cuddly' puppy. When she sleeps, she must be touching one of us. Her favorite is to put her head on a foot! This makes it so hard to leave her when she's crying.

We're reading the Dog Whisperer's new book, "How to raise the perfect dog". It's been really insightful. I'm looking forward to using his techniques with Bella.

Sorry no pictures. I'll get some up soon! Stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! A new Puppy! I can't believe you got one so quickly. Hurry up and take some pictures :) I think a cockapoo is my kind of dog...but I keep telling Jeremy "NO animals!" I look forward to hearing about "life with a puppy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thrilled to have her! I've been talking about getting a dog for years now. There's a story behind why it happened so quickly. I'll tell you about it when it's just the two of us! :)

    I don't blame you for not wanting animals along with the young children. I didn't think I was going to get a dog until after we had kids and they were both over 7 (ie - able to help feed/walk). But...God has other plans! :)

    ReplyDelete