Bergundy

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Exhaustion sets in...

We've survived night number 3 with Bella! Praise God!

We went to the vet yesterday afternoon and the vet shed some light on Bella and her breed. Apparently cockapoos are very (what I call) 'clingy'. They want to be wherever you are, touching you if at all possible. This describes Bella exactly. So, I asked her about crate training and what we should do because I think she was crying all night long. Vet asked where we kept her (in the kitchen) and she strongly recommended moving her to the bedroom with us (NOT in the bed!). She suggested that we always allow her to sleep in our bedroom because that's where she'll be happiest and without much hesitation, Mike agreed! I'm completely amazed - but he loves her so much so I know he just wants to do what's best for her.

For those of you with infants - I have a new appreciation for what you do! It's not easy running on too little sleep and having little to no time to unwind before doing it all again!

Bella is a joy, but I'll be glad when crate training is over! :)

Starting training with Nancy at 'Applause for Paws' next week. Can't wait!

Pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I have to smile because I think having a puppy is so simlar to having a baby! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete