Bergundy

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's confession time...

I need to lose weight. I decided just before the new year that I wasn't going to turn 30 this May at the weight that I currently am. So...I'm off on the weight loss journey.

Because of some hormonal issues that I have preventing me from losing weight, I've decided to go with the South Beach Diet. Over all, it's a good, healthy diet for anyone, but I chose it specifically because I need to be careful with the number of sugars and carbs that I eat. If it were up to me...I'd eat pasta all day, every day! :) The concept of the diet is easy to understand, but once you start getting into it, you realize just how much sugar and carbs are in everything. It's crazy! So, I'm mostly just eating low fat cheese, eggs, lean protein, LOTS of veggies and a little bit of fruit (no banana's sadly...).

After a mostly successful week (including an anniversary dinner and dessert) last week, I lost 2.4lbs! Hooray!!!

I'm always searching for new, easy dinners, snack and 'sweet' options. If you have suggestions, feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Great Job on your first week on the SBD. I made a port tenderloin with sweet potatoes and red onions the other night...it was delicious!! Besides cutting up the veggies it is SUPER easty and SUPER tasty. I'll send you the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Paula! Bob and I tried that diet a few years ago. It felt like we went through withdraw. You're right, there's alot of carbs in EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete